[mythtv-users] OT: Anyone running an ATI Radeon (9000) with a VGA-SCART adapter (PAL)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed May 31 01:56:25 UTC 2006

On 30/05/06, Andrew Cope <andrew at evergreencomputing.com> wrote:
> Attached is my xorg.conf.  It's not very clean as the fglrx stuff has
> been hacked out with a blunt axe.
>
> Note these lines in the Device section:
>         Driver      "ati"
>         Option     "ForceMinDotClock" "15MHz"
>
> and check your /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to make sure it's using the
> correct Modeline.
>
> Hope that helps.

Andrew,

Many thanks for that. I now have very nice RGB output (seems much
sharper than the TV-out with better colour) from the machine using the
ati driver (as you stated the fglrx driver does not seem to allow the
very low dot clock and my attempts with the working modeline confirm
this.).

I too have some slight flicker/bend athte top of the screen using both
modelines. I will try and see if I can resolve that in the next few
days - at least my cable is working 100% - best  £5 cabling project
I've done for a while.

I also seem to require kernel deinterlacing enabled to get rid off
erratic frame stuttering, even though the system is providing an
interlaced source to an interlaced display - I'm guessing the ati
driver does not provide OpenGL vsync that Myth can use? There's also
some overscan too, so I'll see if I can do some resizing of the
signal.

I'll report back when I've (hopefully) got things nailed down a bit
more, but in the meantime, thanks a bunch for your xorg details.

Cheers,
Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: