[mythtv-users] Myth suddenly deleteing all recordings

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed May 31 01:00:43 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 02:30:10AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/28/2006 10:29 PM, stan wrote:
> > I've been using Myth from KoppMyth for over a year now. I upgraded
> > to the latest release, and was able to keep all myy old recordings,
> > about a month agao.
> >
> > The other day it sudenly deleted allmos all of my 0.5Tb of recordings.
> >

> You sure it really deleted them?
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_Why_aren.27t_my_new_recordings_showing_up_in_Watch_Recordings.3F

Yes, it really deleted them. And what few files were left in /myth/tv, I
finally dleted by ahnd after several atempts to fix things with
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl .

All that is history now. Right now I'd settle for just getting the stupid
thing to actually record what I tell it to, rather than some truly strnage
choices that it has choosen, and that I seem to be unable to convince it
NOT to record!!

> > This morning when I left hoem, I had recordigns, and had to exteremly
> > impotant programs scheduled. Tonight when I got home it had zero recorded
> > shows. These problems seem to conincide with a DataDirect run.
> >
> > Any ide what to start looking for?
>
> Sounds like you have an error in the configuration of one of your video
> sources.  mythfilldatabase logs would help.

Does that generate it's own logs, or are you refering to the bits that get
inserted in /var/log/mythtv/ mythbackend.log ?

I played around running it by hand with the -v schedule option, and it did
not seem to give me any insight, the -v all option generates way too much
ouptut to post here. What specific options would you like to see?

How do things get into the "record" table? Some of the stuff I've scheduled
is there, and some not. In addition the same programs that I have never
requested to record keep showing up in there.

I suspect that the ones that are getting screwed up may be ones that are
limited to a specific chanel.

Sugestiosn as to what to look at are greatly appreciated!

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967