[mythtv-users] Tuner type not set

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 30 23:01:02 UTC 2006

On 05/30/2006 06:38 PM, Brad Templeton wrote:
> Hmm.  I decided to try running ivtv 0.2, and still get the error, so it's
> not the ivtv version, it seems.   The question then, is what is it?
> I also replaced the in-kernel versions of msp3400, tveeprom, tuner and tda9887
> with the ivtv versions as recommended.

Hard to tell with the default output.  It would be much easier to tell
if you specify an appropriate debug setting for your tuner module.  I.e.
add to your modprobe.conf:

options tuner debug=2

and then run "depmod -ae" then load your ivtv modules (without the
"tuner=" option--i.e. remove "options ivtv tuner=50" from modprobe.conf)
and post your dmesg output.

Mike