[mythtv-users] pvr-150 and DVICO HDTV Fusion 5 Lite in the same machine

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 30 19:54:01 UTC 2006

On 05/30/2006 03:41 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 05/30/2006 03:35 PM, Harding, Jonathan wrote:
>>
>>> The picture is horrible, no
>>> sound, and I get static on channels above 12 (US-Cable).
>>>
>> Sounds like you've set it to use broadcast frequency tables with a cable
>> signal.
> Yep. Check if the 'Cable standard' (not sure what the actual name of the
> config option is) is set to ATSC. If so, you will only get static on
> channels above 12. I'm not sure how you get them both to work, as i am
> in the same boat... :)

There's a global setting and a per-videosource setting for the "Channel
frequency table".

Global settings is on the "Global Backend Setup" page in the "General"
section of mythtv-setup:

Channel frequency table
Select the appropriate frequency table for your system.  If you have an
antenna, use a "-bcast" frequency.

Videosource setting is in the "Video source setup" page in the "Video
Sources" section of mythtv-setup:

Channel frequency table
Use default unless this source uses a different frequency table than the
system wide table defined in the General settings.

and has a default value of "default" (meaning it uses the global setting).

Mike