[mythtv-users] Static noise from AC3 passthrough

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue May 30 18:24:09 UTC 2006

On 5/30/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> On 05/30/2006 11:32 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

Thanks for this excellent write-up, I think my .asoundrc is pretty good as
is, but I wanted to check playing dts sound through.

I downloaded some dts clips to play, and have no idea if I am passing these
sound clips as war dts or if the computer is converting it and sending it to
my receiver as converted sound.  Is there a nifty command line that I can
use to passthrough the raw digital signal and see if my receiver can
convert?  Thanks!