[mythtv-users] Getting teletext working on a PVR350

Daniel A Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Tue May 30 14:53:32 UTC 2006

Ronald Pijnacker wrote:

>>> I am using a PVR350 card. The /dev/vbi* devices are available (and display something when cat-ted).
>>> The mythtv-setup has PAL-Teletext for the VBI type.
>>> I've enabled teletext and embedding in the mpeg stream using ivtvctl.
>>>
>>> However, when I try to view teletext in mythfrontend, nothing shows up.
>>> Any help?
>>>
>> What version of Myth are you running?
>>

> 0.19-fixes

If you are using the built-in MPEG decoder on the PVR-350 for video out
(i.e. you have the "Use the PVR-350s MPEG decoder" box checked under
Setup) then you need to use your TVs teletext decoder, not the one in
Myth. If you're using xv instead (i.e. the box is not checked) then you
can use the one in Myth. And you may need to turn on cc/teletext
embedding in your ivtv driver when you load it, I'm not sure the extent
to which Myth handles that itself.

Daniel

Daniel