[mythtv-users] OT: Anyone running an ATI Radeon (9000) with a VGA-SCART adapter (PAL)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue May 30 14:46:24 UTC 2006

In message <200605301539.23054.maillists at whattf.com>
        Simon Levitt <maillists at whattf.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 May 2006 14:22, Tom Hughes wrote:
>
>> Ah. I think that is an ATI specific thing that relies on the ATI cards
>> being able to output fully PAL compatible signals - most other cards
>> need a sync converter circuit in the cable and nobody seems to sell
>> those.
>
> I found these a while ago whilst I was looking:
>
> http://www.focusinfo.com/solutions/catalog.asp?id=151
>
> Difficult to get the version I wanted in the UK (the PCI one); UK distributor
> didn't stock so wouldn't do sale or return. Also didn't respond about
> willingness to investigate Linux based drivers.

A scan converter is a completely different beast - you want to avoid
that if you possibly can as the results aren't usually very good
especially on consumer grade ones.

I made my own VGA to SCART cable with a sync converter which is fine
so long as you graphics card can scan down to TV frequencies.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/