[mythtv-users] MythArchive. Runs but I have serious problems.

drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 13:44:51 UTC 2006

> Am Dienstag, den 30.05.2006, 06:10 -0700 schrieb
> drescher0110-mythtv at yahoo.com:
> > Last night I got MythArchive working on gentoo but after archiving a show to an
> iso
> > I have two problems. The first is ffmpeg took way too long. I am running on a
> dual
>
> ffmpeg should only run, when show is not in dvd compatible format. dvb
> recordings should be almost in dvd compatible format.

I did get this message. My hauppage 250 outputs a mpeg stream of 480x480.

> > time should be 10 to 15 minutes. Also the video is very jerkey when played on a
> It takes ~30 minutes for creating dvd from remote dvb recordings for me.

I was talking about the time it takes mythburn and projectx to do the same operation
 with my hauppage mpegs...

> If it was a low quality xvid or something else it is normal.
> > standalone player as it creshed ogle right after the menu on the linux box. I
>
> Have you tested it with xine or mplayer to exclude a ogle bug?

Did not try that but I remember someone posting a message to this list about not
getting xine to work in a similar way so I thought there was some bug.. Will
investigate that later as it is less important than the other one..

> > believe the log has some warnings that may be of interest:
>
> > video DTS inconsistent:  0:25:33.197  0:25:33.197  0:25:33.264  0:25:32.764
> diff:
> > 0:00:00.066
> >
> > I have checked and the original does not have this problem.
>
> This comes from mythreplex. The file seems to have a A/V diff of 66ms
> does this come only for a few minutes in the video? the time is the
> position in the video file. This happenes sometimes. Maybe through a old
> mythtranscode.

I am running the latest svn of myth as of Monday May 29.