[mythtv-users] From ATSC/v4l to DVB on pchdtv, almost there but channel lineup won't import

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Tue May 30 02:18:31 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 06:29:49PM -0700, Joe Votour wrote:
> It sounds like you're running a fairly recent SVN
> build.
>
> If that is the case, even though you are using a
> DataDirect lineup, you must scan for channels (using
> the button) before using the button for fetching the
> channel list.
>
> There was a commit some time ago that makes things
> this way, and if you don't go through that, the
> symptom you see is that all of the channels in your
> DataDirect lineup get selected (on the Zap2It
> website), but nothing gets imported into MythTV.
>
> -- Joe

Indeed.  One issue with this method is there are channels that
don't import properly from scans.   For example, I don't know why
but scans are not importing any of KQED right now, and even if they
were, it runs two different configs -- in the day it runs 4 SDTV
subchannels 9.2 through 9.5, and in the night it runs one HD channel 9.1
and one SD channel 9.2.   I've tried putting them in manually and am getting
some partial success (though it was an annoyance), I will see if I can get
it fully going.

But thanks, at least I can finally record from at least one tuner.  linux
upgrades are way more painful than they should be, and alas Mythtv is one
of the fun things.   I guess I can get my pvr350 working by sending that
machine back to the stable config (I needed to upgrade it to compile myth
as it is the machine I do that on.)

Thanks much for the assist.