[mythtv-users] problem using 2nd capture card

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 29 14:48:22 UTC 2006

On 05/29/2006 02:42 AM, Jos Bouten wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> However, it sounds like you've configured both cards to use the same
>> device (i.e. /dev/video0 or something), so you're "crashing" the first
>> recording when the second starts.
> No, I gave them separate device names from the start and tried whether
> they produced any data using cat /dev/video0 etc
> So they are
> cardid 1 /dev/video0
> cardid 2 /dev/video1

By "or something", I meant "or some other device in use."  The video
device is only one of the devices that could be overlapping.

> I'll backup my database and then try mythsetup again for both cards.

Good.  Brian is definitely right about mythtv-setup.  It does value
checking for you.  MySQL doesn't.  If you don't use mythtv-setup, it's
really not worth trying to figure out what's wrong (as it could be about
anywhere).

If you have any difficulties using mythtv-setup to specify the
information for your cards, please post questions about that.  That way,
we can be sure you get your card set up correctly, and if you find any
weakpoints, bugs, or missing capabilities, we can also fix mythtv-setup
for everyone.

Good luck,
Mike