[mythtv-users] mythburn CVS and menus

Jesse Guardiani jesse at guardiani.us
Sun May 28 19:33:14 UTC 2006

Hello,

I had used mythburn last year with MythTV 0.18.1.
Since the switch to 0.19, I haven't used it in a while.
Last night, I took the time to set it back up again.

After fixing some dependency issues, the burn process
worked, and I couldn't find any errors in the log, but
the DVDs are unplayable in Xine. The top level menus
show up, but when you click them Xine crashes with this
error:

xiTK received SIGSEGV signal, RIP.

I can play normal DVDs in xine and navigate the menus
just fine, so I have to assume that something in the
authoring process is at fault.

The DVD plays fine in mplayer, but obviously without
menu support.

I'm running Gentoo, and these are the tools I have
installed:

media-video/mjpegtools-1.6.2-r4 *
media-video/dvdauthor-0.6.11 *
media-video/transcode-1.0.2-r2 *
media-gfx/imagemagick-6.2.6.0 *

app-cdr/dvdrtools-0.2.1 *
app-cdr/dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8 *

www-apps/mythweb-0.19 *

Does anyone have an 0.19 compatible mythburn CVS's
DVD menus working with Xine? If so, could you post
the versions of the above programs that you're using?

Also, if anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin