[mythtv-users] Incorrect programme length after commflagging?

Richard Scott richard at rhysmission.co.uk
Sun May 28 11:48:40 UTC 2006

I'm running FC4, with mythtv-.19-fixes from atrpms.net on an epia M9000,
with a single Nova-T DVB card for input (upgraded from PVR-350). All
seemed to be working well until an unexpected powerdown (cat + power
cables!) managed to corrupt the recordedmarkup table.
I repaired the db, but it couldn't fix the table, so I truncated it and
ran mythcommflag --rebuild on all files.
The older recordings made on the PVR-350 are okay, but the newer ones
are showing completely incorrect lengths on playback. Typically, they're
4 times the correct length.
If I play the files directly with mythtv {filename}, the length is okay.
Also, if I lossless transcode to mpeg2, the length is okay.
I've even tried recording a show today. This has the correct length
initially, but if I commflag it, the length is then wrong again.

Anyone else encountered this, or have any suggestions on debugging?

Richard