[mythtv-users] Unable to trouble shoot ivtv freezing issue

Jim O'Neill oneillji at gmail.com
Sun May 28 04:06:16 UTC 2006

Philip Isaacs wrote:
> I have been searching high and low for two days and I still have not been
> able to find any solution for my MythTV to stop recording in the middle
> of a show.
>
> I currently upgraded from a KnoppMyth R5A26 (where everything worked
> like a dream)
> to R5C7. It uses ivtv 0.4.3 and I'm using a PVR 350.
>
> Again my machine will begin to record and then about 20 minutes is just
> stops recording. At that
> point the whole system will lock up untill I reboot.
>
> Also is there a way to turn off LiveTV automatically recording when ever
> I start to watch TV.
> If I change channels I end up with ten different recordings.
>
> I'm not even sure who to trouble shoot this issue.
>
> Any and all advice is welcomed.

Philip, you probably need to direct your mythbackend logs to a file so
that they are available after the reboot.  Share the relevent portions
of the log and what you have already tried with the list.

If LiveTV also hangs after 20 minutes, i'd try the troubleshooting
IVTV.  If LiveTV works, i'd probably go back to basics and ensure that
you have disk space, check your system logs, ensure that commercial
flagging is off, and ensure that you're using a recording profile with
default options.

http://www.ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Troubleshooting

Jim