[mythtv-users] Weird Sound problems

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Fri May 26 12:25:07 UTC 2006

Hi List,

I have a sound problem (hence the title :-) )

When I first start up mythtv and go to livetv, I have no sound, If I exit out
of livetv and go back to livetv, I then have sound.

This then is ok until I reboot the machine.

The missing sound isn't limited to just that, it's also missing on the
associated mpg.

If I schedule a tv program to be recorded, it has sound, That is I switch the
machine on and already have one to be recorded. I haven't gone into livetv
once at this point.

If schedule a tv recording to be recorded, it has sound, But this time, before
the schedule kicks in, I have gone into livetv once... (To test if it effects
livetv only). It appears to be the case.

I am using FC4, mythtv ( 0.19-128) from yum and therefore ivtv 0.6.2.
I am also using a single hauppage 150.

So, to me, it looks like livetv is somehow muting the sound only, but why
should it do it once and not subsequent times, until the next reboot that is,
where the sound is initially muted on livetv.

Has anyone seen this before ???
Has anyone got any suggestions as to where I might look ???

I don't know what to do next, I have looked and compared the output of ivtv
and the modules at all stages but there appears to be no difference. The
system or mythtv logs don't appear to have anything relevent, but I can
supply them if needed.

Any help appreciated.

Steve