[mythtv-users] Black and white output to TV

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Fri May 26 08:37:15 UTC 2006

Hello!
I am running MythTV on a GA-K8N51PVMT-9 with integrated 6150 and I use the 8756 nvidia drivers.

I am also using a very old TV with only RF input and until my economy allows I will have to hook my HTPC up to a video which in turn is sending the signal to the TV. Not the best solution...

Out from my HTPC I have SVIDEO which is sent to a SCART on the video. The following options are set in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
Option "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
Option "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
Option "UseDisplayDevice" "TV"

When I use the vesa driver I get a colour output on the TV but with the nvidia driver the output is much better but in black and white.

I have heard of people having trouble with SVIDEO/COMPOSITE but in this case it seems that the problem is with the nvidia driver behaving differently compared to the vesa driver.

Could someone explain what is different/wrong?

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson