[mythtv-users] HDTV over S-video?

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Fri May 26 02:05:10 UTC 2006

On May 25, 2006, at 20.51, Edgar Sigal wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am setting up a Myth box, and still unsure about which capture to
> get.
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to send an HDTV signal over
> S-video cable.
You can send an NTSC video from an HDTV cable box, but not HD quality
video over an S-Video cable.
> Ie Scientific Atlanta HD Cable box and plug it into a PVR-150?
The PVR-150 just encodes analog signals to MPEG-2. It wouldn't know
what to do with the signal, even if it was possible to send it over
the line (which it's not).
> Will this support true HD signal, or will it be downgraded to NTSC
> standard?
NTSC standard. If you were to do what you listed above, you'd get NTSC.