[mythtv-users] mini-itx core-duo frontend for HD content

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri May 26 01:54:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 16:06 -0700, Jason Williams wrote:
> MSI K8NGM2-FID:  I haven't been able to get 1080i to
> work with the DVI/Component using xv/xvmc.  The system
> would freeze when xv/xvmc kicks in.  Using the VGA
> port however, everything works fine.

I think this problem may be fixed in MythTV's SVN head. It has
some hacks to free XvMC surfaces when XvMC gets stuck. On my PC's
this is quick enough that you never notice the pause in decoding.

I think the DVI/Component vs. VGA is just a red herring. If the
hardware takes slightly longer to render on the DVI/Component port
then this is what triggers the low buffer situation, this can
still happen on the VGA port, you just have better odds against it.

-- Daniel