[mythtv-users] dbox2 SPTS incompatibility with mythfrontend

Rob Jones robj at fastmail.fm
Thu May 25 23:55:05 UTC 2006

Just a slight update to this; I thought this might be an issue with CA
PIDs being in one of these transport streams. I therefore recorded the
same unencrypted channel from both a DVB-T card directly controlled from
myth and then from the dbox. The file from the DVB-T card works fine,
but no joy with that from the Dbox, so its not this, and the TS files
with the CA descriptors (but already unencrypted video/audio) play ok in
other programs.

Looking at the TS in both dvbsnoop and TSReader gives no clues as to why
this would be. They are both valid transport streams with mpeg2 audio
and video on normal PIDs, and can be decoded just fine with mplayer, vlc
etc. The only thing I can't get to play the TS is myth.

One thing I have noted is that the problem seems to be related to
libavformat/codec.
I get some strange error messages when it tries to play the file:

mpegts_add_stream: at pid 0x18b4 with type 256
mpegts_add_stream: stream #0, has id 0x18b4 and codec DVB_SUBTITLE, type
Subtitle at 0x81502f0
mpegts_add_stream: at pid 0x1804 with type 2
mpegts_add_stream: stream #1, has id 0x1804 and codec MPEG2VIDEO, type
Video at 0x81508c0
mpegts_add_stream: at pid 0x18a4 with type 4
mpegts_add_stream: stream #2, has id 0x18a4 and codec MP3, type Audio at
0x8150e90
av_remove_stream 0x18a4
av_remove_stream: no change to cur_st
av_remove_stream: removing... s->nb_streams=3 i=2
av_remove_stream: mpegts_remove_stream
mpegts_remove_stream 0x18a4
closing filter for pid 0x18a4
av_remove_stream: renumbering streams
av_remove_stream 0x1804
av_remove_stream: no change to cur_st
av_remove_stream: removing... s->nb_streams=2 i=1
av_remove_stream: mpegts_remove_stream
mpegts_remove_stream 0x1804
closing filter for pid 0x1804
av_remove_stream: renumbering streams
av_remove_stream 0x18b4
av_remove_stream: no change to cur_st
av_remove_stream: removing... s->nb_streams=1 i=0
av_remove_stream: mpegts_remove_stream

This continues perpetually until the backend is shut down. It looks as
though it sees the audio and video in the file, but then chooses to
ignore them and look for them on different PIDs. Any idea what's going
on here?

Rob