[mythtv-users] Channel does not change

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 25 23:26:19 UTC 2006

On 05/25/2006 02:48 PM, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
> Michael T. Dean schreef:
>> On 05/25/2006 12:48 PM, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
>>
>>> Having just set up a myth-box, conform the manual on mythtv.org.
>>> With all it's possibilities it look like a fantastic system to me, but I
>>> encounter a few problems. First to solve is a problem with changing
>>> channels while watching live-tv. When I try to change channel, either by
>>> user the cursor keys or by typing in a valid channel number and hitting
>>> Enter, the name of the station of that channel is shown on the screen,
>>> but the channel remains unchanged. I can however change the channel by
>>> using the ptune-ui.pl program from the ivtv set of utilities.
>>>
>> Your system is configured to use browse mode.  After browsing the
>> listings on the OSD to the channel you want to watch, hit the SELECT
>> button (Space or Enter or whatever you've set).
>>
> If by "browsing <..>" you mean going trough the channels with the
> cursor keys while watching live-tv, that doesn't work too.
> More or less stupid question: what is OSD?

OSD is "On-Screen Display".  When you hit the channel up/down button in
browse mode, you get a "popup" (on most themes at the bottom of the
screen) that shows what's on the next channel (or the next program on
the same channel when using left/right keys).

However, based on your response, it sounds like this isn't the issue.
I'm now assuming that by "the name of the station of that channel is
shown on the screen" you're talking about the channel number appearing
(probably in the upper left corner of the screen)--as if it had changed
channel.

Based on your log entries (in the other message you sent), it looks like
you haven't properly associated your video source(s) with your
input(s).  Check the inputs in mythtv-setup.

Mike