[mythtv-users] mythmusic crash

Daris Drake darisd at hotmail.com
Thu May 25 17:12:27 UTC 2006

This is my first MythTV install so bear with me .

My install is on Fedora Core 5, and was done through a YUM install
"mythtv-suite". I have recently done a full yum update of "mythtv-plugins"
and rebooted, with the same problem.

I am having an issue with MythMusic. When I bring up the MythMusic screen,
and pull up an album to place in my playlist, then hit the back button,
music should start playing, but the timer does not change. If i hit pause,
mythfrontend hangs.

I tried to do a build from subversion, but got the following errors running
configure:
MythMusic requires libmad and libid3tag
MythMusic requires FLAC
MythMusic requires libcdaudio
MythMusic requires the LAME mp3 encoder

But all of these packages are installed...? Is there a version dependency
that is hidden? Does MythMusic look to a specific location for these files,
which I can change? Is there any way I can further debug what is happening
with my current install of MythMusic or should I uninstall the MythMusic
package and do a fresh build from source?

I will note that the MP3's have all been copied to this machine from another
network server. Could this be part of the problem? Will MythMusic crap out
if the filenames are not "just so"?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Daris Drake
darisd at hotmail.com