[mythtv-users] mini-itx core-duo frontend for HD content

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu May 25 15:22:58 UTC 2006

On 5/25/06, Jacob Sheck <shec0002 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a HD3000 capturing all kinds of content on my backend server.  I have
> been able to tweak my P4 2.53 533FSB to almost play HD content smoothly.  I
> am now trying to come up with the most cost effective way to play HD content
> smoothly, with spdif and YPbPr connections.  I love my via M10000 runing
> linpvr, but the CLE266 just doesn't cut it.  Can anyone confirm or deny that
> the core duo can play back; smoothly Full HD 1080i recordings?  The guys
> over at logic supply have an interesting board, that I think would be a good
> solution if I can get the play back going.
> http://www.logicsupply.com/product_info.php/products_id/552.
>  If I am totaly out in left field here, I would love suggestions on the
> cheapest way to play hd content smoothly, the only other option I see now,
> would be a pentium 4 630, or a pentium d something.

they certainly can. I don't know if all of them can, the lower speed
ones may have some issues(?). The other question is if the graphics
chip is able to handle 1080i?

Does the YPbPr connector do Svideo or is it component for SD?
It's too bad it has a VGA connector and not DVI.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!