[mythtv-users] Sony KDF-E42A10 HDTV

Erik Sherman esherm22 at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 13:37:57 UTC 2006

I have a Sony KDF50WE655 and I was able to adjust my
overscan by going into the service menu.  Yours may be
different but you can try what I have.

I am going from DVI to HDMI on my tv.

To enter the service menu first turn off the TV. Then
press "DISPLAY" - "5" - "VOL+" - "POWER" on the
remote. The TV should come back on in service mode.
Press the jump button twice.

Each setting is called an "item" and they are grouped
in "categories".  You use the 1 and 4 keys to scroll
through the items. You use the 2 and 5 keys to scroll
through the categories. When you find the correct item
you adjust it with the 3 and 6 keys. When you are
satisfied with your change you must press "MUTING" -
"ENT" on the remote to save it.

Make sure you are on the correct input and in the
correct mode when making your changes.

Scroll through until you find these items.

MID4:0(DHPL) - horizontal position
MID4:1(DHSL) - horizontal size
MID4:2(DVPL) - vertical position
MID4:3(DVSL) - vertical size

Dont forget when finished to Save Settings Press {Mute
- Enter}

You may want to check at avsforum regarding your model
tv and entering the service menu.

GOOD LUCK!