[mythtv-users] no audio PVR-500

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu May 25 03:55:19 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 12:18 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:

> I have ordered a new card already (I've got a place I can use it if the
> current one turns out not to be bad). Once I have the new one, I will
> know if the current one is bad or not.

I tested the card in another machine. It works fine. I tried deleting
and re-adding all the capture card settings (for about the third time).
I went ahead and updated the kernel and ivtv kmdl's to the latest
version. No help. I officially give up on my Myth machine. I am just
never going to be able to make this work again. I have been fighting
with the "no sound on recordings" problem for two weeks without success.
The only thing I have been able to make work (the PVR-500) now no longer
works. I haven't been able to make my HD3000 card work. I can't get
firewire to work. I can't get HD display working on my TV. I'm just up
against the brick wall at every turn, and I give up.

--Greg