[mythtv-users] MythWeb and Internet Explorer

stan stanlist at cox.net
Wed May 24 21:10:15 UTC 2006

I'm running 0.19 with Fedora FC4.  I'm using a PVR-350, and all my recorded
program files are mpg's.

After configuring apache per the MythWeb readme I was able to right click
the recorded program thumbnails in Internet Explorer and use "Save target
as" to save the recorded program mpeg file locally on my Windows machine.
The file name shows as .mpg when the mouse is over the thumbnail, but the
files saves as .mpeg.

So far, so good.

Without changing file associations on the Windows system, I can click on a
recorded program thumbnail to wait for a while and eventually see the
program played in Windows Media Player.

I changed the .mpg and .mpeg file associations to launch VLC rather than
Windows Media Player and repeated the above process.  No luck.  Clicking on
a thumbnail took me to a "Page not found" rather than opening the program in
VLC.

Any ideas on the above general problem in getting VLC to launch from
Internet Explorer by clicking on a MythWeb program thumbnail?

Related questions:

What does MythWeb send as the parameter to the launched program when a
thumbnail is clicked?  Does it start with http://?  Does it end with .mpg or
.mpeg?

When I use the Windows file association panel, I can click "advanced" to see
the command line that will be used for different actions, or I can click
"change program" to change the program that will be launched.  When I click
"change program" and change from Windows Media Player to VLC, the "advanced"
button disappears and I can only click "restore".  How can I get the
"advanced" button after changing the program from Windows Media Player to
VLC?

--stan