[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed May 24 19:06:59 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 05/24/2006 12:01 AM, moogie wrote:
> > It seems that whatever is causing this problem thinks
> > that my screen is larger than it actually is.
>
> The TV itself is what thinks your screen is larger than it is.  All TV's
> are built with "overscan"--they display the image so its edges are cut
> off.  Monitors generally don't use overscan.

Monitors let you adjust their display properties. Somehow we're smart
enough to adjust our monitors but not smart enough to adjust our
TV's...
Though most modern TV's have "service menu"s that will let you adjust
these properties, though they're a very *at your own risk* affair as
many of the settings they let you play with can damage or otherwise
make your TV "broken".

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!