[mythtv-users] Help please with Change Inputs on TV Tuner card

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:41:30 UTC 2006

On 23/05/06, Mercury Morris <mercury.morris at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've run out of ideas, so I'm asking for help with a PVR-250 card.
>
> Running kernel 2.6.16.5, mythtv 0.19.20060331-1, and ivtv-0.6.1,
> I have a problem getting the PVR-250 to switch to Composite1.

<snip>
> Can you see something I'm missing here?  Do you have a similar setup that's
> working (0.19 and a PVR-250 with Composite1 input)?

What's in the backend log? Run the backend with detailed logging
(recording or verbose is probably best until the problem is resolved.
As the 4DTV input works initially, it seems that perhaps the backend
is storing some incorrect starting channel info? so that after working
initially, further attempts to switch to the composite input fail.

I'd firstly check the logs to see if it's anything glaring, and if
that fails, check the database itself (channel, capturecard and
cardinput tables) just to make sure channels match inputs and starting
channels are valid.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: