[mythtv-users] Transcoding and DVB Closed Captioning

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:41:22 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, Niels Dybdahl <Niels at dybdahl.dk> wrote:
> Thanks for the tip. I have looked at it and done some surfing.
> There are existing scripts like:
>
>   http://www.guru-group.fi/~too/sw/m2vmp2cut/pxsup2dast.py
>
> which can create an xml file for dvdauthor from a .sup file (subtitles
> stream file) created by ProjectX. So it seems straightforward to build this
> into MythBurn.

Do you want to keep the subtitles graphical, or convert them to text?
I think I have a conversion process worked out to get them to text
which I am going to try some more later on today:

DVB-->(ProjectX)-->.SUP-->(pxsup2dast)-->pngs+spuxml-->(convert)-->pgms+spuxml-->(pgm2txt/gocr+convert
spuxml to .srtx)-->.txts+.srtx-->(srttool)-->.srt

Bit wacky, but I think it'll work. Going to vobsub would probably be
preferable, so if you see how that could happen, please say.

Robin