[mythtv-users] Samba for LiveTV?

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Wed May 24 06:23:20 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm under the impression when you install codec's on Windows, all players
> can usually utilise them automatically. (At least I've never had to install
> codec's multiple times or in multiple locations for the players to be able
> to use them..)

AIU there is a difference between the codecs at work here (nuv
container*, RTJPEG/MPEG4/2) and the protocols at work (the magical
myth://). This is somewhat analogous to the difference between HTTP
and HTML.

Windows has a subsystem to manage codecs yes, but I don't think it has
one to manage protocols.

On 5/23/06, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:
> And this is what the "DSmyth" filters/program is designed to do. It
> creates the myth: protocol handler for Media Player.

well I suppose that brings up 2 things for me:
1. I haven't had any luck getting media player to understand myth://
uri's. The error I get is much the same as if I tried to play an
asdf://asdfasdf uri.
2. People have reported being able to stream myth://   uri's from
players like vlc, zoomplayer or whatever takes their fancy. Are the
DSMyth filters also supposed to make these players aware of myth://
uri's?

If not, then I guess my question is remains the same as my previous post.