[mythtv-users] Transcoding and DVB Closed Captioning

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Tue May 23 16:09:22 UTC 2006

> Have you had a look at spumux which is part of dvdauthor? It can create
> the subtitle stream needed when creating a DVD. It can use both text
> based subtitles as well as image based. I'd love to add subtitle support
> to MythArchive but there is quite a lot of work involved in getting that
> to work and isn't something I need myself so isn't a high priority. If
> someone wants to take a look I may be able to provide some assistance.
> The difficult bit is getting the subtitles into a form that can be used
> by spumux.
> http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/doc/spumux.html

Thanks for the tip. I have looked at it and done some surfing.
There are existing scripts like:

which can create an xml file for dvdauthor from a .sup file (subtitles
stream file) created by ProjectX. So it seems straightforward to build this
into MythBurn.
I have read from other sources that there might be problems with the colors
of the subtitles, but that can be handled by editing the associated .ifo

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl