[mythtv-users] No sound output when watching LiveTV

ole at legaard.net ole at legaard.net
Tue May 23 13:00:45 UTC 2006

>For the no sound issue
>Check to see that video 4 linux has not muted sound.
>#v4lctl list
>
>You should see alist of attributes and their values, if mute is off then
>
>#v4lctl setattr mute off
>
>For more info see man pages for v4lctl
>
>Good luck, and let me know if you figure out how to execute this
>automatically on reboot
>
>-Edgar

I think it could have something to do with this mute problem, but ...

when i try
#v4lctl list
I only get command not found. After searching the net I found out that I
neede to install xawtv to get this utility.

I am running FC5 and I havent been able to find any xawtv rpm for this
linux distribution.

Tried to download the source and compile, but I found out that I need
Xfree86-devel to be able to compile. This is not available in FC5.

Anybody have any suggestion to what I can do?

How can I get v4lctl in my FC5 distribution?