[mythtv-users] Transcoding and DVB Closed Captioning

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Tue May 23 12:40:20 UTC 2006

> I am thinking about solutions like:
> - "Burning" the subtitles into the video before transcoding
> - Splitting the DVB-subtitles (ProjectX?) from the video before transcoding
> and somehow merging them afterwards. But maybe the .NUV format does not
> support closed captioning subtitles. Could the user jobs be used for this?

I have been playing around with this and it seems that ProjectX is the
only tool capable of performing this extraction. It's a shame, because
it's really clunky, but I can't find any other way. Once the .sup file
has been output, I am then unable to actually do anything with it -
can't find the tools for that either.

Robin