[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

moogie okcancel at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 10:28:54 UTC 2006

--- moogie <okcancel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The Xorg log gave me 1 good Modeline and it worked.
>
> I got the MythTV display working on my Sony
> KDF60WF655, basically.
> I still have various tweaks to do.
>
> A recap, I have:
>
> a.  Comcast coaxial cable connected directly to the
> PVR-350, no setup box
>
> b.  nVidia FX 5200 PCI with svideo, VGA and DVI
> ports
>
> c.  DVI connected to the HDMI on a Sony KDF60WF655
> RP LCD TV

My MythTV Frontend Menus are slightly "bigger"
than my TV screen.  Like this:

|================================|
|................................|
|..|==========================|..|
|..|..........................|..|
|..|..........................|..|
|..|..........................|..|
|..|..........................|..|
|..|..........................|..|
|..|..........................|..|
|..|..........................|..|
|..|..........................|..|
|..|..........................|..|
|..|==========================|..|
|................................|
|================================|

The outside box represents the MythTV Menus.
The inside box represents the Sony KDF60WF655
RP LCD TV screen.

The only Modeline that works is
"1920x1080" 74.250 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1094
1124 interlace +hsync +vsync
it was mentioned in the Xorg log file.

I tried various other Modelines but nothing
else worked.  How do I "squeeze" the MythTV Menus
on all 4 sides to make them fit on the screen?