[mythtv-users] Transcoding and DVB Closed Captioning

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Tue May 23 07:05:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have just added a Nova-T to my system (I already have a PVR-250).
Now I have realized that transcoding will remove the closed captioning
DVB-subtitles.
Is there any way to circumvent this?
I am thinking about solutions like:
- "Burning" the subtitles into the video before transcoding
- Splitting the DVB-subtitles (ProjectX?) from the video before transcoding
and somehow merging them afterwards. But maybe the .NUV format does not
support closed captioning subtitles. Could the user jobs be used for this?

HDTV in Europe is based on DVB and MPEG4, so it should be possible to have
MPEG4 and closed captioning subtitles in the same stream.
Has anyone thoughts about this?

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl