[mythtv-users] LIRC and Mythfrontend focus

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Mon May 22 19:44:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

My frontend machine is also my main work computer, machine has 2 screens,
one for regular use and another to run the frontend on. The problem I have
is if mythfrontend loses focus (doing something on the other screen) LIRC
and my remote don't quite work properly with the frontend. I can navigate
myth still but certain menus require focus or they just don't work (no
highlighted option)

What I would really like is an option in myth to restore focus to the
frontend window when it recieves LIRC events ;)

If not can anyone think of a work around to regain focus from the remote,
maybe with the irexec program? I can't find a command line app that can give
windows focus?

Thanks

Dom