[mythtv-users] Performance of 0.19 on Gentoo

Michael Knoll michael.knoll at gmail.com
Mon May 22 17:28:59 UTC 2006

I recently switched from RedHat 9.0 MythTV 0.18.1 to Gentoo and Mythtv
0.19.  With this switch TV playback became very taxing.  Playing my
recorded TV(2500kb/s, 720x480) used to consume 20-30% CPU, but now I'm
hitting 90%.  I have Bob's deint, as before, and XV.  I also tried
XVMC, which didn't even reduce the CPU usage from the 90%.  Mplayer
works as before, little CPU usage.

Any ideas on what I should be looking into?  The video playback
displays some artifacts, which I'm guessing is a result of the
increased usage.

Thanks,
Mike