[mythtv-users] Cannot get sound or change channels

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon May 22 09:31:23 UTC 2006

> Video comes up on the predefined start channel but will not change. Pressing
> the up or down arrow keys brings up different station logos and descriptors
> but the picture remains the same.

Well that sounds like the way "Browse Mode" works.  What happens if
you press 'OK' after you've changed channels?  Does it then change to
the new channel?

You can turn off "Browse Mode" by pressing 'M' when watching, and
selecting from the menu.  MythTV with then (unless you really do have
a problem) change channel without requiring the OK.

However, many people use "Browse" as the default because of the delay
in performaing a full channel change. About 7s for me but apparently
anywhere between about 3 and 15 seconds depending on hardware and
configuration.