[mythtv-users] no audio PVR-500

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun May 21 18:18:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 14:10 -0400, Paul K wrote:

>   I know this might sound suspicious, but if You would trust me to
> send me Your card, I'd be happy to test it here under 2.6.12 and
> return it. Your call...

I have ordered a new card already (I've got a place I can use it if the
current one turns out not to be bad). Once I have the new one, I will
know if the current one is bad or not. If it's not, I may take you up on
your offer. Except, the damned card worked with the 2.6.16*2096 kernel
before I updated, but now I get no sound even if I restore from a
month-old backup running that same configuration that worked previously.
The damned card almost has to have gone bad, especially since the
Windows drivers won't detect it either. ivtv detects it and the video
works great, just no sound. If it turns out not to be a bad card, I will
really be up a creek with absolutely no clue what to do next.

--Greg