[mythtv-users] Mythweb 0.19-5 On Ubuntu I Can't Get It Working

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Sun May 21 17:59:41 UTC 2006

On 5/21/06, Steven L Owens <slonocode at abac.com> wrote:

> Ok I spent the better part of yesterday fiddling with this and I can't
> seem to get mythweb working.  It's the same error that others have
> written about where it shows the directory listing and clicking on
> mythweb.php gives database errors.  I'll try to be thorough in
> explaining what I've done and hopefully someone can help me.  I just
> don't know if I would run mythtv without mythweb.
>
> This is ubuntu breezy fresh install using the 0.19 deb packages from
> hunter.ws.  and following hyam's great guide.
>
> I added this to my /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
>
> <Directory /var/www/mythweb>
>   Options FollowSymLinks
>   AllowOverride All
> </Directory>
>

> I verified the db variables in /etc/mythtv/mythweb-htaccess.conf.
> I used both the plain password and the funky one that ubuntu uses(like
> it's hashed or something).
>
>    setenv db_server        "correct_ip_address"
>    setenv db_name          "mythconverg"
>    setenv db_login         "mythtv"
>    setenv db_password      "correct_password"
>
> I made sure that the user www-data owned the data directory
>
>    chmod -R www-data /var/www/mythweb/data
>    chmod g+rw /var/www/mythweb/data
>

> I wasn't sure I understood where I am supposed to run the following
> command from
>
> cp -r . /var/www/mythweb
>
> I'm also not sure if I know how to get mod_env and mod_rewrite enabled.
> I also didn't see another place in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf to change
> override to all like I saw in other threads.
>

> So can anyone help me get mythweb running?  Please!?

Not that this is really any help but I had the same exact problem and never
could get it to work right. I don't know if this messed you up but I didn't
put my sources right in sources.list and had a bunch of little problems like
that. After hours of trying to find it I ended up reloading before I went
much further because of all the small problems. If I couldn't have reloaded
I probably would have uninstalled everything to do with apache2 and
reinstalled to try and fix it. I know that isn't the kind of help you want
but thought I would throw it out there.

Allan