No subject

Thu May 18 18:34:19 UTC 2006

	yum install videolan-client

Right version?  Where did the install package come from?  I don't know.

But I got VLC to stream to Windows Media Player by using an example in the
VLC documentation.  I never did get it working over http; I couldn't get the
Windows side to recognize the mpg file type.

The last piece of the MythStreamTV solution was to configure ffmpeg and VLC.
I'm lost here.  The documentation has a long statement beginning with ./
configure.  I admit it; I'm clueless.  What does the ./ configure mean?

4. HTTP ACCESS

I know. This is approach four of three, but this approach might only be an
illusion.

Before I modified anything in MythWeb I noticed the default for clicking on
a recorded program thumbnail was to pass an http:// URL to IE.  This caused
Windows Media Player to appear to hang as though it was trying to download
the entire file before playing.  I need to look at this further.

But shouldn't HTTP access work.  I've been to web pages that show samples of
mpeg movies.  You click on a thumbnail and Windows Media Player launches,
buffers a little data, and plays the sample movie while it's still
downloading.  How do they do that?  This might be exactly what's needed.

--stan