[mythtv-users] no audio PVR-500

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun May 21 16:03:14 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 00:32 -0400, Paul K wrote:
>   Well, when I try to install IVTV, there are warnings that the kernel
> files exist. I just rename the kernel files that were listed in the
> error message and rebooted. I guess ivtv needs it's own versions, but
> maybe the kernel versions are found first and loaded... ?

There's a lot of confusion about this, and for good reason, since it
depends on what kernel version you are running. My understanding is that
ivtv 0.6.* works fine with the modules that come with the kernel, if you
have a 2.6.16 kernel, and no ivtv replacement modules are included in
the AT rpms packages for these kernels.

I now believe that my card is fried. I can't fathom how it would affect
sound only and not video, and on both tuners no less, but nothing else I
know of can explain why the Hauppage-provided drivers cannot detect the
card under Windows XP (which I finally got around to trying last night),
and that the problem persists even if I restore my Linux/Myth system
from a month-old backup when everything was working fine.

As of now, I still have no sound.

--Greg