[mythtv-users] Channel Control with DirecTV H20 Receiver...?

Dennis Hand the4hands at comcast.net
Sun May 21 14:30:42 UTC 2006

> I am using the DirecTV D11 box with serial (USB) control. I've had
> some reports that it also works with the H20. Here's how I did it:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_DirectTV_D11_via_USB
>
> - Jeff

>Bummer. I have everything hooked up, but the perl-device-serialport
>module seems to be .... broken?

>I named the new perl script as "directv-usb.pl". Here's some output:

>[root at MythDora ~]# directv-usb.pl 2
>Initializing Serial Port...
>Retry Sat May 20 15:38:29 2006
>Retry Sat May 20 15:38:31 2006
>Retry Sat May 20 15:38:33 2006
>Retry Sat May 20 15:38:35 2006
>Error excessive retries
>(in cleanup) Can't call method "opened" on an undefined value
>at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/Device/SerialPort.p
>line 2020 during global destruction.
>[root at MythDora ~]#

>I'm getting desperate... WAF is plummeting!!!

>Any and all help will be much appreciated!!!

Hey G,

You need to install the Device::SerialPort module for Perl if you haven't
done so already. You can do this one of two ways. You can either compile
it or you could use the Perl module in Webmin to install it. I prefer the
latter
myself. Let me know if I can help.

Dennis Hand