[mythtv-users] Dual mode front ends?

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Sun May 21 02:30:04 EDT 2006

On 5/20/06, David Novick <dknovick at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > know
> so
> > > that
> > >
> > > You could always *talk* to your wife :-D
> > >

> How about bookmarking (spacebar when watching) it.  When one of you
> watches the
> show, bookmark it and a bookmark icon will appear on the "Watch Recording"
> screen.
>
> First person watches it and bookmarks it.  Second person sees that it's
> bookmarked watches it and deletes it.  And at least if the first person
> forgets
> to bookmark it the default action is to keep the show...

To be honest i was kinda hoping for a HIS & Hers login. But that is not
possable ATM.
So either suggestion will work. I have, kinda, fixed the problem by
throughing a bucket load of HDD space at it for recordings. 280GB at the
moment with another 200gb on the way for SOME of my DVD collections. I want
to rip them to VOB and save them to teh mythtv system for viewing. That is
untill i get around to building the 100 disk, 4 player, mythconnected
changer i have designed (the plans for sitting in fornt of me.)

We dont keep any TV as it all CRAP in in AUS, the few shows i like to watch
are home improvemnt shows CSI etc andi delete them when i am done.

CH