[mythtv-users] XvMC not loaded

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Sun May 21 04:42:45 UTC 2006

On 5/20/06, Allan Wilson <allanwilson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure what I have done wrong but Standard XvMC is not available in
> my Playback Settings section. When I ran
>  mythfrontend  -v important,general,playback
>  I saw the following error message
> Couldn't find package XvMC
>  I did compile in xvmc support with Myth and when I look at the setup I
> have it in there:
> sh-3.00$ mythbackend --version
> Library API version: 0.19.20060331-1
> Source code version: 9716
> Options compiled in:
>  linux release using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_arts
> using_ivtv using_firewire using_dbox2 using_lirc using_joystick_menu
> using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_frontend
> using_backend
>  I have done everything in the wiki for xvmc except to it to use it in the
> playback settings since I don't have that option and am I am getting choppy
> audio and video using mythfrontend to playback HD content. If I use mplayer
> or xine it looks great. Any ideas
>
> Allan

Update, I updated my version of Myth to SVN version 9953 and I now have the
Standard XvMC option in Playback settings but if I select that choice and
try to play something back it kills XWindows and I get this error message
from mythfrontend:
VideoOutputXv Error: XvMC output requested, but is not supported by display.

Allan