[mythtv-users] Channel Control with DirecTV H20 Receiver...?

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Sat May 20 22:40:46 UTC 2006

On 5/18/06, Jeff Simpson <jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu> wrote:

> I am using the DirecTV D11 box with serial (USB) control. I've had
> some reports that it also works with the H20. Here's how I did it:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Controlling_DirectTV_D11_via_USB
>
>  - Jeff

Bummer.  I have everything hooked up, but the perl-device-serialport
module seems to be .... broken?

I named the new perl script as "directv-usb.pl".  Here's some output:

[root at MythDora ~]# directv-usb.pl 2
Initializing Serial Port...
Retry Sat May 20 15:38:29 2006
Retry Sat May 20 15:38:31 2006
Retry Sat May 20 15:38:33 2006
Retry Sat May 20 15:38:35 2006
Error excessive retries
        (in cleanup) Can't call method "opened" on an undefined value
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i386-linux-thread-multi/Device/SerialPort.pm
line 2020 during global destruction.
[root at MythDora ~]#

I'm getting desperate... WAF is plummeting!!!

Any and all help will be much appreciated!!!