[mythtv-users] Fw: pvr 500 and channel freqencies

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat May 20 21:17:08 UTC 2006

Lasse Knudsen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been tinkering with Mythtv for 14 days now, and i cant figure
> out how to make the link between a channel and the freqency it has,
> its driving me isane.
>
> I have the lists of frequencies to use, i tried scanning for channels
> but it just says it cant open /dev/video0
I don't meant to ask a silly question, but why do you need to change the
frequencies from the standard?  At least for me, in the US, I simply
configured my PVR-500 and PVR-150, chose the standard US cable
frequencies and it works fine after defining my lineup on zap2it.
> and to further upset me the mythtv-setup has changed, now i dont know
> how to do my stuff, before it had a blue background with the 5 areas
> general, sources and so on, now its just grey, and behaving strangely,
> bacically it has changed its har to tell, i dont have icons, it says
> "Mythtv main" when i start the mythtv-configure, this is really
> starting to tick me off. I should have stayed with windows and gbpvr
There is no mythtv-configure.  There is mythtv-setup and it's theme is
set in the database and matches the theme for the frontend on the same
machine.  In the settings table of the database it is the "Theme" value
with the matchine hostname for your system.  Set that value to whatever
you want (like "Blue") or use mythfrontend to set the theme.

Kevin