[mythtv-users] Requesting help w/modelines, AA A960, and 1280 x 768

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Sat May 20 19:16:45 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/17/2006 11:24 PM, Douglas Wagner wrote:
>
>> <<<<<<<<<
>> (WW) NVIDIA(0): Failure reading EDID parameters for display device CRT-0
>>
>> So it looks like whatever CRT you have does not speak EDID
>>

> Or, the cable you're using blocks the EDID information.  Have you tried
> a different cable?

You won't get EDID from any TV that I know of through the component
video inputs, and especially not with an AA A960 transcoder thrown in.

OP needs to find a valid modeline for his monitor either via PowerStrip
on Windows, or by hopefully finding one to tweak with xvidtune on
Linux.  Google may help, but beware you can try dozens before finding
one that will even be accepted, much less work.

Jeff.