[mythtv-users] Samba for LiveTV?

stan stanlist at cox.net
Sat May 20 16:35:54 UTC 2006

Thank you Phill and thank you Steve.

I agree.  It's not real streaming.  Windows Media Player thinks it's playing
a file.  This works very well with fixed files like recorded programs.  I
was hoping there was a trick to force Windows Media Player to keep chasing
the end of file in a liveTV file.  Something like the unix tail -f command
that follows a growing file.

At any rate, I was hoping to use the native software on the windows machine
so that guests could access the system with their own laptops with no
additions.

It's looking more and more like I'll need to just take a good backup of my
currently working system and bravely install MythStreamTV and prerequisite
packages.

Thanks for your help.

Oh, I'm still confused by the myth: url format?  What does the "myth:"
portion mean?

--stan