[mythtv-users] OT - FX5200 at Frys today

Decent Guy decentguy2042 at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 00:16:28 UTC 2006

Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
OK, thanks.

BTW - I think a video card that works with HD, is totally silent and
has component outputs for $50 is very much on-topic for this list.

I hate mentioning vendors or prices also, but both are probably of
interest to most users here, certainly to anyone building a machine.

ok, no problem.  point well taken.  i'll give the details then:
 i got it from here:

 http://www.buy.com/prod/PNY_Verto_GeForce_6200_128MB_DDR_AGP_8x_Graphics_Card_VGA_DVI_S_Video/q/loc/101/201644080.html

 listed for $45.95 on sale (down from $64.99 although $64.99 is of course not truely the "real price" anyway.  typical street price is around ~$50+ on pricegrabber).  it has a $10 rebate.  california ppl pay tax.  free shipping.

 for detailed pics check out:

 http://images.tigerdirect.com/SkuImages/gallery/large/P56-7014-new-b.JPG
 http://images.tigerdirect.com/SkuImages/gallery/large/P56-7014-new-c.JPG
 http://images.tigerdirect.com/SkuImages/gallery/large/P56-7014-new-d.JPG

 ps: i personally don't like buy dot com as in the past i've received horrible service from them once, and no where on their website i was able to find a 800 phone number, and when you do find the 800 number and call it, it goes to an international call center with horrible service.   but this was a decent price for this card, and i took the risk, and it went through okay.