[mythtv-users] Cannot get XVMC to work?

Decent Guy decentguy2042 at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 21:21:16 UTC 2006

MythTV version 0.19 ships with a hack to enable full color OSD with XvMC enabled on Nvidia 4 & 5 series cards ONLY.
(i.e. Nvidia FX 5200 is a 5 series card, 6000 is a 6 series card)
WARNING: if you have a non-nvidia card or an nvidia 6 or 7 series card this hack won't help. The nvidia 6 and 7 series cards lack the chroma keying and color & contrast adjust features that the older 4 and 5 series cards had. That is why this guide refers to this feature in 0.19 as a "hack".

Doh!!! i got a PNY 6200.........!

Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote: Decent Guy wrote:

> My question is regarding the "greyscale OSD fix".  you stated below,
> "i implemented the greyscale OSD fix".....i am also seeing the
> greyscale OSD problem after enabling XvMC, could you please tell me
> what the fix is for it?
Check the wiki page on XvMC.  It describes how to implement the
ChromaKey OSD and what cards support it.

Kevin