[mythtv-users] finding reason for cancelled recording

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Fri May 19 16:57:47 UTC 2006

On 5/19/06, Adam Hirsch <mythtv at quakerporn.com> wrote:

> Adam Hirsch (mythtv at quakerporn.com) wrote:
>
> > > are you using a custom record rule for these shows?
>
> > Nope, simple "Record this program in this timeslot every day" rules, for
> > both shows.  Both at my default recording priority, 0.
>
> And, following up on my own post, last night the same schedule worked
> without a hitch.  I blame sunspots, I guess.
>
> Adam

I have variable ota signal where I live (30 miles from station transmitters
and below a hill).  On bad days, shows won't be recorded.  Most of the time
if the signal is too weak to record, the show will still be listed, but Myth
will say file not found.  Othertimes, it simply won't record the show and
there won't be anything listed.  I have never looked at the logs to see what
error is given.